- Don’t play sports without a mouthguard
- Relieve sleep apnea symptoms like snoring
- Stop damaging teeth clenching & grinding
There are many ways to injure your teeth during athletic activities, from getting hit in the mouth with a ball to tumbling off your bike during a ride. These kinds of injuries may be more common than you think. According to the Journal of the American Dental Association, at least 13 percent percent of dental injuries are related to sports. Our team doesn’t want you to become a statistic! Protect your smile with mouthguards in Weber Corpus Christi.
Athletic mouthguards from Sabal Dental will:
- Fit Perfectly – Using impressions of your teeth, we make you a mouthguard right in our office. Since it is made to your individual specification, it will fit your mouth better than an off-the-shelf mouthguard.
- Feel Comfortable – Since it’s made just for you, your sports mouthguard will have a comfortable custom fit.
- Require No Complicated Adjustments – You can wear it right away, with no aggravating “boil-and-bite” process beforehand.
- Stay In Your Mouth – With its custom fit, your athletic mouthguard will stay in your mouth no matter how intense play gets.
To schedule a mouthguard fitting, call us today at 361-209-8741.
Custom Mouthguards Aren’t Just For Sports
If you have sleep apnea or a TMJ disorder, our team can also use custom mouthguards to treat those conditions. You will be able to:
- Breathe Easier – Keeping your airway open while you rest is the key to treating sleep apnea. A mouthguard moves your jaw forward into a position that allows you to breathe freely all night.
- Use Your Jaw Without Pain – A mouthguard eases the jaw pressure that causes TMJ disorders. It also stops harmful habits linked to TMJ pain, like teeth grinding.
Keep Your Mouthguard In Top Shape With Proper Care
The best way to ensure you’ll get plenty of use out of your mouthguard is to care for it properly:
- Use cool, soapy water to clean your mouthguard. A soft-bristled toothbrush with non-abrasive toothpaste works too.
- Keep your mouthguard in a sturdy container with vents to protect it between uses.
- Keep it out of direct sunlight or very hot water, and avoid contact with hot surfaces.
- Remember to bring it to your dental exams so we can make sure it’s still in good shape.
For mouthguards in Weber Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-209-8741 or use our to schedule an appointment.