- Breathe easily with a non-intrusive mouthguard
- Stop snoring so your household gets more rest
- Avoid health problems linked to sleep apnea
If you snore so loudly you keep your household awake all night, you may have sleep apnea. In Angleton, our team can treat this harmful condition with a custom-made mouthguard that helps you breathe easily throughout the night. Even if you don’t have apnea, the mouthguard will silence your chronic snoring.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Keep your airway clear so it’s easy to breathe
- Allow you to sleep through the night, without interruption
- Help you feel refreshed and rested during the day
- Provide a less intrusive alternative to a CPAP machine
- Eliminate unpleasant sleep apnea symptoms like dry mouth, headaches, and irritability
- Reduce your risk of serious health problems linked to apnea, like high blood pressure and heart disease
If your snoring bothers your housemates, ask us about it at your next dental exam. You can also call 979-291-0952 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stewart. He will discuss the severity of your symptoms with you. If needed, he can refer you to a physician for a sleep test.
A Custom Mouthguard Is A Comfortable CPAP Alternative
Obstructive sleep apnea happens when your airway becomes blocked while you sleep, which causes you to startle awake as your body tries to breathe. These frequent interruptions of sleep can happen as many as hundreds of times a night, though you may not even know it. Keeping your airway open solves the problem.
The two most common ways of treating sleep apnea are:
- A CPAP Machine – To keep your airway clear, you breathe in a stream of air through a mask worn over your face. A CPAP is usually recommended for more severe cases of apnea.
- A Custom Mouthguard – For mild or moderate cases of apnea, we can fit you for a custom mouthguard. It moves your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open. Unlike a CPAP, there’s no mask or noise, so it’s less disruptive to your bedtime routine. It’s small enough to fit inside a pocket and doesn’t require electricity, batteries, or distilled water. That makes it easy to use anywhere.
To treat sleep apnea in Angleton, call Sabal Dental at 979-291-0952 or .