Did you know that you could have early-stage gum disease and not even be aware of it? It’s true – bacteria can begin building a stronghold below your gumline without any visible symptoms. The good news is that regular checkups will help us catch and treat gum disease early, before it can damage your smile. Alameda Corpus Christi gum disease treatment from Sabal Dental can help you:Keep Your Gums Healthy Read Transcript
So when we see our patients for the first time, we evaluate their periodontal health. Periodontal health disease, it's a painless disease. So a lot of patients, they walk around, they don't even know they have it. They might have some bleeding gums here and there, but it's something that should be treated and can be treated. And it's really important for us to have, for our patients to have really healthy gums. So periodontal disease has been linked to heart disease. There's a lot of bacteria in your mouth. They can also affect the overall health of your body. So, and also with perio, it really starts from home care. We want our patients to have good home oral hygiene. So when we see them for the first time, we give them instruction, how to take care of their mouth at home.
- Reduce your chances of problems like tooth and bone loss
- Feel confident that your teeth and gums are attractive
- Avoid the need for more invasive dental work later on
- Improve the quality of your breath
- Make your mealtimes more comfortable and enjoyable
Call us today at 361-529-9245 to schedule your next regular checkup. You’ll find us at 3120 S. Alameda St., between Hoffman Street and Glazebrook Street.
Visit Our Experts To Keep Your Gums Healthy
We have a board-certified periodontist on staff, a dentist who specializes in treating gum-related problems. You can feel good about coming to see us if you have gum disease or some other issue with your gums.
If we find evidence of gum disease, then we will most likely recommend a therapeutic service known as scaling and root planing (also called “deep cleaning”). Your dentist will:
- Offer you sedation if you’re nervous about your procedure
- Use a special instrument called a scaler to gently remove built-up plaque, tartar, and bacteria around and below the gumline
- Plane (smooth) your teeth roots so that bacteria have a harder time re-collecting there
- If possible, perform laser treatment instead to safely remove damaged gum tissue without any cutting or stitches
If significant gum disease has caused your gums to recede, we can also perform gum recession treatment. This could be in the form of a gum graft or using the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (done at our Calallen location). These treatments can restore your lost gum tissue and give you back a beautiful gumline.
Don’t let gum disease ruin your smile. Call Sabal Dental today at 361-529-9245 to find out if you need gum disease treatment in Alameda Corpus Christi.