When you think about protective gear for sports, you likely think about equipment like helmets and pads. Yet those leave your mouth unprotected – despite the fact that many dental injuries occur during athletic activities. Let our team outfit your family’s athletes with mouthguards in Alameda Corpus Christi to keep their teeth safe.
Our custom mouthguards:
- Are made by our staff, not by a third-party manufacturer, so we can ensure they are the highest quality
- Start with specifications based on impressions of your teeth, so they fit better than store-bought mouthguards
- Require no “boil-and-bite” process or other frustrating techniques to adjust the fit
- Fit snugly, so they will stay in your mouth
- Are comfortable, so you won’t be tempted to leave them on the sidelines instead of wearing them
Do you or other family members play sports? Call us today at 361-529-9245.
Athletic Mouthguards Keep You From Becoming A Sports Injury Statistic
Children and youth who participate in any organized sports activities should wear a mouthguard, according to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. The American Dental Association also recommends wearing a mouthguard for a wide variety of sports, even those that don’t involve direct physical contact with others.
It’s no wonder they’ve issued this guidance, given the large number of sports-related dental injuries and the high cost of treating them. According to an article in the Journal of the American Dental Association:
- At least 13 percent of all dental injuries are related to sports
- Athletes who don’t wear mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental damage
- More than five million teeth are knocked out every year, many of them during athletics, and replacing them costs more than $500 million
Custom Mouthguards Can Solve Other Problems Too
In addition to preventing sports injuries, custom mouthguards can also be used to treat:
- Sleep Apnea – A sleep apnea mouthguard positions your jaw in a way that ensures your airway stays open while you sleep.
- TMJ Disorders – A TMJ mouthguard prevents you from clenching your jaw and grinding your teeth. It also eases pressure on your TMJ so these joints can heal.
For mouthguards in Alameda Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-529-9245 or use our to schedule.