I got into dentistry in order to help to restore a patient’s smile, thereby giving them their confidence back. I know growing up where I came from, there were a lot of people who just weren’t very happy with their smile, and I always wondered about that as a child.
So dentistry, of course, it’s where it’s at for me. I got into dental school, and I learned how to really focus on the patient and just, as you do treatments, you start to learn, you know, patients build trust with you. You start to see what their expectations are, and then you go to an end result. Hopefully at the end, the patient becomes a totally different person, and their smile is beautiful and they’re really confident. They’re happy with themselves.
Achieve Your Best Smile With Our Caring Dentist
Dr. Jason Vasquez became a dentist so he could help people improve their smiles and appearance, which in turn improves their self-confidence and overall health. He graduated magna cum laude from Texas A&M University in 2002 before attending UTHealth School of Dentistry in Houston, where he graduated in 2007. He joined our Sabal Dental team in 2015.
Throughout his education and career, Dr. Vasquez has received many awards and merits:
- Graduated with a DDS as an alumni member in the Mu chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon (2007)
- Awarded Advanced Dental Certification for completing a one-year general practice residency at the VA Medical Center in Houston (2008)
- Awarded third place at the Table Clinic in Orthodontics, Star of the South Houston
- Awarded recognition of Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain by the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Invisalign certification
- Advanced training in dental implant surgery, surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth, dental implant restoration, and dental esthetics, including veneers and crown/bridge
- Certified for the administration of nitrous oxide inhalation sedation
- Certified for the administration of oral conscious sedation
- Trained in intraoral digital scanning through iTero for all indirect dental restorations
Patients love that Dr. Vasquez enjoys working hand in hand with them to reestablish their oral health and smile. He is compassionate and devoted to each patient without passing judgment. His commitment to furthering his education and experience is also reassuring. In fact, Dr. Vasquez says the best part of his job is learning, especially about advanced technology, so he can provide better treatment plants, higher success rates, superior care, and more.
In his free time, Dr. Vasquez enjoys exercising, playing golf, reading about politics and science, backyard astronomy, music, and most important, spending time with his daughter.