Like many patients, you may assume you need to visit a specialist for oral surgery in Calallen Corpus Christi. Yet in most cases, that’s not necessary because the talented team at Sabal Dental can perform many common dental surgeries. This saves you time and money, so your procedure is as simple and stress-free as possible.Comfortable, Relaxed Procedures Read Transcript
A lot of times with oral surgery, we've got teeth that are ... they can be broken down. Maybe they're rotated, maybe they're impacted. With teeth that are compromised or just didn't erupt in the right way, it's harder for the patient to keep their oral hygiene clean, to take care of the teeth around it. I've seen cases where maybe it was an impacted wisdom tooth. That tooth was unable for the patient to clean that tooth, and it actually decayed, and it caused the tooth in front of it to decay. They lost that tooth in front of it just because it had decayed so far that it almost completely undermined the whole crown of that tooth.
Oral surgery, you're able to go in there and remove the wisdom tooth before it affects another tooth. Same thing with other teeth that may be severely compromised. Maybe it's a front tooth, and the patient's in a lot of pain and it's hard to clean that tooth. Maybe the tooth is sharp, jagged. Oral surgery, we're able to go in there and remove that tooth. Maybe even give them something like a flipper, an implant crown, something like that to restore it as well.
The good thing about oral surgery is I've actually had training in this. I did a residency after my dental school for a year where I got a lot of hands-on experience supervised by oral surgeons. I'm able to do techniques that maybe patients in the past have had traumatic experiences – 'Oh, that dentist was really yanking on my tooth. I don't know, but it was really scary.' I try to be as gentle as possible. But in a lot of cases, patients are like, 'Wow, I didn't even know that it could be done. I was always used to getting my teeth yanked on. But you took that tooth out. I didn't really feel any pressure.' That's the beauty of oral surgery and knowing how to do it right.
You will benefit from:
- Our team’s years of experience performing oral surgery procedures
- Comfortable local anesthesia and the option of receiving laughing gas to help you relax
- Our use of advanced technology like digital X-rays and digital dental impressions
- Our ability to remove most teeth, including wisdom teeth
- Several procedures that prepare your jaw for successful placement of dental implants
Benefit From Our Team’s Oral Surgery Experience
Surgery on your mouth may not be something you look forward to, but it doesn’t have to be unpleasant. Thanks to their advanced skills, you can trust our team to perform many oral surgery procedures, including:
- Tooth Removal – Our dentists can gently remove problematic teeth, including most wisdom teeth.
- Bone Grafts – You’ll need a strong jaw to support dental implants. This simple procedure adds strength to a jaw that has been weakened due to bone loss.
- Gum Grafts – A grafting procedure restores a gumline that has receded due to gum disease or other reasons.
- Sinus Lifts – We use this procedure to add bone height to your upper jaw to create more room for implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – A more involved type of bone graft, this treatment restores the size and shape of a jaw that has been impacted by bone loss.
No matter which dental surgery you receive, we will numb your mouth with our comfortable anesthesia so you won’t feel a thing. To ease anxiety, you can also receive fast-acting laughing gas.
For oral surgery in Calallen Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-317-7226.