- A mouthguard is a comfortable CPAP alternative
- Your partner will find a mouthguard less distracting
- Stay more focused & alert after a full night’s rest
Tossing and turning all night is a bother. But it isn’t the worst result of sleep apnea. In Calallen Corpus Christi, your overall health may be suffering too. Our dentists can help determine if you have apnea and, if you do, the best way to treat it.Get a Better Night's Sleep Read Transcript
Get a Better Night's Sleep
So after patients had been treated for sleep apnea, many patients feel like they've got the energy that they used to not have. They don't feel as fatigued in the day, maybe not as just foggy mind. They're able to perform better at work. They don't seem as agitated, and they don't feel like their body is just working as hard in order to get that oxygen that they need.
So the good thing about treating sleep apnea is you're able to give that patient a better quality sleep. And sleep is very important, you know? So by actually getting them into those appliances, which help to pull that tongue away from the throat, you're able to breathe better, better sleep, better quality of life. So this is the best of the upside of a lot of patients that come in that have treatments done. They just feel like they're a new person. They have more energy, more revitalized, and that's what we're looking forward to treat these patients.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Stop the snoring that may be keeping you – and others in your household – awake
- Eliminate frightening episodes of gasping for breath during sleep
- Lower your risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and other conditions that medical research has linked to apnea
- Help you feel better rested and more alert throughout the day
If you are experiencing loud snoring or other sleep apnea symptoms, let us know at your next dental exam. If you’d rather not wait, call us today at 361-317-7226. We can help arrange a sleep test for you, if needed.
Enjoy The Convenience Of A Sleep Apnea Appliance
If you suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, your airway becomes blocked repeatedly throughout the night, causing you to gasp for breath. If you have severe sleep apnea, you may need a CPAP machine. You’ll breathe the pressurized air produced by the machine through a face mask. This keeps your airway open while you sleep.
For less severe cases, you may be able to wear a sleep apnea appliance instead. Many people prefer an appliance because of its:
- Comfort – An apnea appliance fits easily in your mouth, much like an athletic mouthguard. There’s no mask or tubing to bother you.
- Convenience – You can slip an appliance into your pocket. It requires no electricity, batteries, or distilled water. So it’s easy to take with you anywhere you go.
- Low Profile – Both you and your bed partner will find an appliance less distracting than a CPAP.
Suspect you may have sleep apnea in Calallen Corpus Christi? Call Sabal Dental at 361-317-7226. Our dentists will evaluate you and refer you to a physician, if needed.