Both the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association suggest protecting teeth during sports with mouthguards. In Calallen Corpus Christi, we make custom mouthguards right in our office, so you’ll enjoy the optimal protection of a mouthguard that fits you perfectly.
Our sports mouthguards:
- Fit better than mouthguards purchased from a store since they are made using impressions of your teeth
- Need no frustrating “boil-and-bite” fit adjustments
- Are made by our team, not by an outside company, so we can stand behind their quality
- Fit snugly, so they provide superior protection
- Are so comfortable you won’t mind wearing them for every game and practice
We can repair broken teeth and replace missing ones with restorative dentistry, but it’s easier, less expensive, and less painful to keep your teeth protected. To schedule a fitting for a mouthguard, call us today at 361-317-7226.
Keep Your Teeth Safe With A Custom Mouthguard
Both the American Dental Association and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry advise wearing a mouthguard for a wide variety of athletic pursuits, even non-contact activities like weightlifting and gymnastics. Their suggestions are no surprise. According to a Journal of the American Dental Association article:
- Up to 39 percent of dental injuries are related to athletic activity
- People who don’t wear mouthguards are 60 times more likely to sustain damage to their teeth
- It costs over $500 million to replace the more than five million teeth that are knocked out every year, many of them during sports
Address Other Issues With Custom Mouthguards
Our team also uses custom mouthguards to offer relief from:
- Sleep Apnea – A sleep apnea appliance gently moves your jaw forward to stop you from snoring and enable you to breathe easily all night.
- TMJ Disorders – Wearing a mouthguard while you sleep stops jaw clenching and teeth grinding, two behaviors associated with TMJ problems.
For mouthguards in Calallen Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-317-7226 or use our .