Protect Your Smile With Gum Disease Treatment in Rockport
Gum disease is the #1 cause of tooth loss for adults. Source.
Your teeth obviously take center stage in your smile. But like an actor who needs the support of a great director, they’d never get a chance to shine without healthy gums! Plus, you can lose your teeth in the later stages of gum disease. With proactive gum disease treatment in Rockport, our team will:
- Relieve the pain of sore and bleeding gums
- Prevent gum recession and tooth loss
- Keep your smile looking and feeling good
- Eliminate unpleasant symptoms like bad breath
A healthy smile starts with healthy gums! If you suspect you may have gum disease, call Sabal Dental today at 361-209-8609. We use topical local anesthesia to numb your mouth and keep you comfortable. You can also receive dental sedation if you’d like.
Bounce Back From Gum Disease With Our Gentle Solutions
If your gums are sore, bright red, or bleeding, you likely have gingivitis. While this can be uncomfortable, it won’t threaten your teeth. Left untreated, though, this initial stage of gum disease can advance to a more serious condition that will result in bone and tooth loss and pose other risks to your overall health like heart disease and stroke. Our team prevents that from happening with a deep cleaning treatment, sometimes performed with a laser for added comfort:
- Scaling – This is similar to a regular dental cleaning, although we will focus closely on the area between your teeth and gums, especially if “pockets” where bacteria can accumulate have formed.
- Root Planing – We smooth the surfaces of tooth roots to make it harder for bacteria to cling to them and to make it easier for gums to reattach to your teeth.
- Gum Grafting – Treated early enough, you’ll avoid gum recession that can expose your tooth roots. However, we can attach your own healthy tissue from elsewhere in your mouth over receding gums with a gentle grafting procedure, if needed.
We may refer you to our Calallen Corpus Christi location, where a periodontist can perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a less-invasive alternative to a graft.
Know How to Spot Gum Disease at Home
Because of the progressive nature of gum disease and the importance of early treatment, you should see us ASAP if you notice any of these symptoms in between your routine dental cleanings and exams:
- Bright red or bleeding gums
- Gum tenderness or pain
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Teeth that feel loose or appear longer than they used to
Don’t put your oral and overall health at risk! Restore your smile with gum disease treatment in Rockport. Call Sabal Dental at 361-209-8609 or schedule to set up an appointment.