Your teeth obviously take center stage in your smile. But like an actor who needs the support of a great director, they’d never get a chance to shine without healthy gums! Plus, you can lose your teeth in the later stages of gum disease. With proactive gum disease treatment in Rockport, our team will:Keep Your Gums Healthy Read Transcript
Periodontal disease is very common in adults. We make sure that we are evaluating every new patient as well as existing patients on a yearly basis to monitor the health of their gums and then offer treatments to help prevent periodontal disease. If you haven't been to the dentist in a long time, come in, let us do an evaluation. You may notice that your gums are red, puffy, swollen, or even bleeding; there's treatments for that, and we want to help you on your pathway to health.
- Relieve the pain of sore and bleeding gums
- Prevent gum recession and tooth loss
- Keep your smile looking and feeling good
- Eliminate unpleasant symptoms like bad breath
A healthy smile starts with healthy gums! If you suspect you may have gum disease, call us today at 361-209-8609. We use topical local anesthesia to numb your mouth and keep you comfortable. You can also receive dental sedation if you’d like.
Don’t Wait To Treat Gum Disease
If your gums are sore, bright red, or bleeding, you likely have gingivitis. While this can be uncomfortable, it won’t threaten your teeth. Left untreated, though, this initial stage of gum disease can advance to a more serious condition that will result in bone and tooth loss. Our team prevents that from happening with a deep cleaning treatment, sometimes performed with a laser for added comfort:
- Scaling – This is similar to a regular dental cleaning, although we will focus closely on the area between your teeth and gums, especially if “pockets” where bacteria can accumulate have formed.
- Root Planing – We smooth the surfaces of tooth roots to make it harder for bacteria to cling to them and to make it easier for gums to reattach to your teeth.
Treated early enough, you’ll avoid gum recession that can expose your tooth roots. However, our team can repair receding gums with a grafting procedure if needed. We can also refer you to our Calallen Corpus Christi location, where a periodontist can perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a less-invasive alternative to a graft.
Don’t Ignore Gum Disease Symptoms
Because of the progressive nature of gum disease and the importance of early treatment, you should see us ASAP if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Bright red or bleeding gums
- Gum tenderness or pain
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Teeth that feel loose or appear longer than they used to
For gum disease treatment in Rockport, call Sabal Dental at 361-209-8609.