If your gums aren’t in good shape, the health of your entire mouth can be at risk. Gum disease can lurk silently beneath your gums, often with no visible symptoms. That’s why we recommend routine checkups twice a year. If we find evidence of disease, our gum disease treatment in Harlingen can help you:Clean Gums Are Healthy Gums Read Transcript
Gum disease can be detrimental to a patient. Once we have that inflammation in the gums, the bone kind of follows that suit, kind of gets inflamed and starts backing down, and we start losing bone. What that does is it jeopardizes the longevity, the health of that tooth. Here at Sabal Dental, we make sure we provide that comprehensive periodontal exam to make sure and spot any areas that are of concern so we can stop that. Whether it's a deep cleaning or more frequent visit to our office, that's what's going to help restore our patient to help as far as their periodontium.
- Restore your gum health
- Prevent problems like tooth and bone loss
- Improve the quality of your breath
- Make biting and chewing more comfortable
- Stop your gums from bleeding when you brush or floss
If your gums are suffering, call Sabal Dental today at 956-275-7596 to schedule an appointment. We have a periodontist (gum specialist) on staff who can help you. You’ll find our office at the corner of South 13th Street and Tyler Avenue.
Improve Your Gums With Our Expert Treatment
Many people have gum disease without even being aware of it. In fact, it is estimated that nearly half of all Americans ages 30-64 have some form of gum disease! However, you don’t have to be one of them.
Sabal Dental offers safe and effective treatment for your gums that will restore their health and get your overall oral health back on track. Our treatment involves “deep cleaning” your gums using scaling and root planing. Here’s how it works:
- If you need it, we offer sedation to help you relax.
- We will first use an instrument called a scaler to remove built-up tartar and bacteria from your teeth and below your gumline.
- Then we will plane, or smooth, your teeth roots so that it’s more difficult for bacteria to collect on them.
- This treatment may need to be repeated every few months if you are prone to gum disease.
- We may also use a low-power laser to remove damaged gum tissue. This treatment doesn’t require any scalpels.
Some patients with severe gum disease may also require gum recession treatment. This could include a gum graft to place gum tissue in the areas that are damaged. We also perform the innovative Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique at our Calallen office, a method that involves manipulating healthy gum tissue to cover your teeth roots. There is no cutting or stitches involved with this technique.
Visit us for gum disease treatment in Harlingen. Call Sabal Dental today at 956-275-7596 to schedule an appointment.