- Never take the field without a mouthguard
- Sleep better at night & prevent snoring
- Stop teeth grinding & related headaches
Athletic activities are a great way to stay in shape. Yet they also put your teeth at risk. They don’t have to, though. Mouthguards in Harlingen, TX can keep your teeth safe during sports. Let our team help you follow the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association, both of whom advise wearing a mouthguard while you play.
Our athletic mouthguards:
- Are made using impressions of your teeth so that you’ll enjoy a custom fit
- Will be ready to wear right away, with no frustrating “boil-and-bite” process needed
- Are made right in our office, so we can ensure you get exactly what you need
- Fit so comfortably you won’t mind wearing them every time you play
You keep your teeth in great shape by brushing and flossing at home and seeing us for regular exams and cleanings. Don’t endanger your teeth by playing sports without a mouthguard. Call us today at 956-275-7596 to schedule a fitting.
Wear A Mouthguard So You Don’t Become An Unfortunate Statistic
To protect your teeth, you should wear a mouthguard even during sports that don’t involve physical contact, like gymnastics and weightlifting. If you don’t, you risk damaging or even losing teeth. According to a Journal of the American Dental Association article:
- Up to 39 percent of dental injuries are related to sports
- If you don’t wear a mouthguard, you are 60 times more likely to sustain dental damage
- More than five million teeth get knocked out every year, many of them during athletic activities, and it costs half a billion dollars to replace them
Improve Your Health With Custom Mouthguards
Custom mouthguards do more than protect teeth. You can also wear them for relief from:
- TMJ Disorders – Jaw clenching and teeth grinding are two behaviors often associated with TMJ pain. Wearing a custom mouthguard while you sleep prevents these problematic habits, as well as related headaches.
- Sleep Apnea – Wearing a sleep apnea mouthguard stops your snoring and allows you to breathe easily so you can get a restful night’s sleep.
For mouthguards in Harlingen, call Sabal Dental at 956-275-7596 or use our to schedule online.