There are many ways to damage teeth, but one of the most common is a sports injury. According to a Journal of the American Dental Association article, up to 39 percent of dental injuries are related to athletic activities. Fortunately, sports-related injuries are easy to prevent with mouthguards in San Benito.
With a custom athletic mouthguard made in our office, you will enjoy:
- A Great Fit – Since custom mouthguards are made with impressions of your teeth, they fit better than stock mouthguards.
- Comfort – A better fit means more comfort. The more comfortable it is, the more likely you’ll be to regularly wear it.
- Ease Of Use – A custom mouthguard needs no frustrating “boil-and-bite” process before you can wear it.
- Security – With a custom fit, your athletic mouthguard is less likely to become dislodged during play.
To protect your teeth with a custom mouthguard, call us today at 956-374-2480.
Ensure Your Athletic Mouthguard Stays In Great Shape
Proper care will ensure you get the maximum benefit from your custom mouthguard:
- Wash your mouthguard in cool, soapy water or clean it with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Keep your mouthguard in a sturdy container with vents to help keep it dry.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight, very hot water, or hot surfaces.
- Bring it to your dental exams so your dentist can check it over.
Maintain Your Health With A Mouthguard
At Sabal Dental, we also use custom mouthguards for:
- Sleep Apnea Treatment – Sleep apnea doesn’t just rob you of rest. It’s been linked to such serious conditions as diabetes and high blood pressure. A mouthguard allows you to breathe easily and improves your overall wellness.
- TMJ Treatment – A mouthguard can stop TMJ pain by easing tension on your jaw. It will also stop you from grinding your teeth and clenching your jaw, both of which can damage your teeth.
For mouthguards in San Benito, call Sabal Dental at 956-374-2480 or use our to schedule.