Problems like cavities are easy to fix when they’re discovered in their early stages. Left untreated, the repair usually becomes more complicated and costly. Given the importance of early detection, few services are more important than your dental cleanings and exams in McAllen.Keep Your Mouth Healthy Read Transcript
At Sabal Dental, regular care benefits the patients because at every exam and every cleaning appointment, we are trained to look for cavities, cracked teeth, and even screen for things like oral cancer. These are issues that a lot of times … patients don't see their PCP that often, but they come to their dentist for their cleanings, and you will find something that is a sign of early oral cancer, and it really can impact a patient's life.
Here at Sabal Dental, we hope that you allow us to become your dental home. That way we can be seeing you regularly. We can address problems that need to be addressed or just maintain things if they just need to be maintained.
During your dental exam, we will:
- Use advanced technology like laser cavity detectors to find problems when they are small and simple to treat
- Suggest preventive services like fluoride and dental sealants to help keep your teeth in top condition
- Explain all of your treatment options so you can choose the best course of action for your smile
- Address questions about any aspect of your smile, from replacing missing teeth to improving your appearance with cosmetic services
- Ensure you remain comfortable by using equipment like ultrasonic scalers and offering comfortable local anesthesia if you need it
To keep your teeth in great shape, we recommend visiting us every six months for an exam and cleaning. To make an appointment, call us today at 956-247-4994.
Supplement Oral Hygiene With Preventive Dental Care
While daily brushing and flossing are essential in preventing problems like cavities and gum disease, you also need regular professional cleanings. Our ultrasonic scalers use high-powered vibration and water to remove bacteria-filled plaque from your teeth, even tough-to-reach areas like in between teeth and at the gumline.
We may also recommend preventive services like:
- Custom Mouthguards – If you play sports, we suggest letting us fit you for a custom mouthguard to protect your teeth from athletic injuries. Mouthguards can also help correct TMJ problems and help you get a better night’s rest by relieving sleep apnea symptoms.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are ultra-thin layers of plastic your dentist applies to the top surfaces of your teeth to keep bacteria from getting into tiny grooves where they can cause decay.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride makes your tooth enamel stronger so it is less susceptible to decay.
For dental cleanings and exams in McAllen, call Sabal Dental at 956-247-4994.