More often than not, you want to keep your teeth in your mouth. Even so, there are multiple reasons why it can be in your best interest to schedule a tooth removal. In McAllen, we can perform this service so you can:
- Get rid of an infection
- Prepare your mouth for another treatment
- Stop oral pain
- Deal with crowded teeth
If you need a tooth extraction, it’s time to plan a visit to Sabal Dental. Call 956-247-4994 today to make an appointment at our office.
Deal With Your Problems Directly Through Tooth Extraction
Taking out teeth is not something we take lightly. We understand this kind of procedure can cause dental anxiety, which is why we make every effort to keep you comfortable and relaxed during the procedure. In addition to providing pillows and blankets to keep you cozy, we can numb the affected area with Oraqix, which is applied without any pain. We also offer sedation dentistry to block pain and ease your mind.
You may need a tooth taken out for any of the following reasons:
- Severe tooth decay
- Advanced gum disease
- Infected or abscessed teeth
- Crowded or poorly positioned teeth
- Deeply broken or cracked teeth
- Impacted teeth
Digital X-rays and intraoral cameras help us examine and diagnose your specific situation. If a tooth can be saved, restorative dentistry may be in order. If a tooth is removed, it’s often a good idea to replace it with a dental implant and a crown.
Tooth removal can be beneficial for your long-term oral health for multiple reasons:
- If an infected tooth isn’t removed, that infection could spread to other parts of your mouth.
- If your teeth are too crowded, it can complicate orthodontic care, such as Invisalign. Removing a tooth or a few teeth can reduce the time it takes to create a straight smile.
- Likewise, if you have already lost teeth, removing the few that you still have can make it easier to get implant-supported dentures, which can function as well as healthy, natural teeth.
Make A Wise Decision About Your Oral Health
Your third molars are better known as wisdom teeth. These typically erupt between 17 and 21 years of age. Unfortunately, they often cause more trouble than they are worth. Most people’s jaws are not large enough for these teeth to emerge correctly. As a result, they can become impacted and begin to push into nearby teeth. This can affect your bite and the appearance of your smile. These teeth also can increase your risk of tooth decay and gum infections in the back of your mouth.
By visiting our office for routine care, we can monitor the development of your wisdom teeth. If we notice a potential problem, we can let you know. Many times, extracting these teeth early can prevent the painful consequences that can occur.
By coming to Sabal Dental, you can receive tooth removal in McAllen from a dental team you already trust with your oral care. Call 956-247-4994 to schedule an appointment. Find out if a tooth extraction or another of our services could benefit you.