When you think of sports injuries, you likely think of torn tendons and sprained ankles. Yet cracked and broken teeth are a problem too. According to a Journal of the American Dental Association article, up to 39 percent of all dental injuries happen during athletic activities. Don’t become an unfortunate statistic! Protect your teeth with mouthguards in McAllen.
Our team will fit you for a custom mouthguard that will:
- Fit perfectly, unlike store-bought mouthguards, since it is made using impressions of your teeth
- Not need a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process to modify the fit
- Feel so comfortable you won’t mind wearing it every time you take the field
- Keep your teeth safe since it is made of strong and durable materials
We make athletic mouthguards right in our office instead of using an outside lab, so we can maintain complete control over the quality. To be fitted for a custom mouthguard, call us today at 956-247-4994.
Make Your Athletic Mouthguard Last With Proper Care
Our mouthguards are made of durable materials, so they can protect your teeth for up to several years. To keep yours as long as possible, you’ll need to properly care for it:
- Clean it with cool, soapy water or a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Store it in a sturdy container with vents that allow air to circulate.
- Don’t expose it to direct sunlight, very hot water, or hot surfaces.
- Bring it with you to dental exams so we can make sure it is still in good shape.
Custom Mouthguards Do More Than Protect Teeth
Our dentist may also recommend a custom mouthguard to:
- Relieve TMJ Pain – Wearing a mouthguard for TMJ problems relieves pressure on your jaw and gives it a chance to heal. It also prevents you from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth.
- Help You Sleep Better – Whether you have sleep apnea or just a snoring problem, a custom mouthguard will allow you to get a good night’s rest.
For mouthguards in McAllen, call Sabal Dental at 956-247-4994 or .