When you lose teeth, you lose their roots too. Without tooth roots providing stimulation when you chew, you’ll rapidly lose bone mass in your jaw – up to 25 percent in the first year alone. This makes you appear older and can cause dental problems too. You can revive your smile and keep your jaw strong with dental implants in Corpus Christi.The Best Option For A Missing Tooth Read Transcript
Implants are a great option because in the past if you were missing one tooth, a lot of times what people would do is do a bridge there, where you can have teeth on both sides, and you have to cut down good teeth in order to put crowns on those teeth, and then have a bridge. It would replace the missing teeth. And then if anything goes wrong with any of those teeth, you lose the whole bridge and have to do the whole thing over. And it's harder to clean underneath it.
With an implant, you have the tooth that's standalone, and it doesn't rely on the teeth on either side in order to support it. Implants are easier to clean because you can floss in between implants, as opposed to a bridge, where you have to fish a floss threader in underneath there.
Also, implants have a great success rate. The very first implant was put in a lady in 1969, and she died in 2004, and still had the original implant in there. Implant success rates are about 95 percent of implants will make it for 10 years, and many years after that. And only about 5 percent of implants are lost, usually to folks that either have diabetes or smokers.
If you do have missing teeth, go ahead and give us a call and come in, and we can talk to you about what we can do with implants to restore your smile so you can smile again.
In addition to preserving bone strength, implants will:
- Leave Nearby Teeth Unaffected – Unlike a dental bridge, which requires us to drill into the teeth surrounding a gap in your smile, we won’t have to modify any healthy teeth for implants.
- Offer Fuss-Free Maintenance – With most kinds of dental implants, you’ll simply brush and floss teeth as you always have. You also won’t need any adhesive to keep your replacement teeth in place. Unlike conventional dentures, implants also never require any fit adjustments.
- Replace Any Number Of Teeth – Whether you’re missing a single tooth or all your teeth, implants can fill smile gaps of any size.
- Feel And Function Like Natural Teeth – With implants acting like natural tooth roots, they offer more chewing strength than other kinds of replacement teeth. In addition, restorations attached to implants will never shift or slip out of place.
To see if you can get dental implants in Corpus Christi, call us today at 361-256-5958.
Choose From Several Dental Implant Treatments
One of the biggest advantages of dental implants is their versatility. They can replace one tooth, several teeth, or an entire mouthful of teeth depending on the dental restorations that are used with them. At our office you can receive:
- A Dental Implant With A Crown – We’ll attach a beautiful and durable dental crown to an implant to replace a single tooth.
- An Implant-Supported Bridge – You can replace several missing teeth with a dental bridge that is securely anchored to implants. With implants, there is no need to drill into any healthy teeth.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You can choose dentures that snap directly onto implants or, for greater chewing strength, dentures that clip onto a sturdy bar that is attached to implants.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – During this procedure, a complete arch of fixed replacement teeth is attached to four implants. Two of the implants are angled in a way to maximize the connection between implant and bone. Since only four implants are used (or eight if the procedure is performed in both the upper and lower jaw), this is often the most affordable method for a full-mouth reconstruction.
No matter which dental implant procedure you receive, we can numb your mouth with comfortable Oraqix anesthesia. If you’re nervous or concerned about discomfort, you can also receive inhaled sedation (laughing gas).
For dental implants in Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-256-5958.