- Include a mouthguard in your athletic gear
- Breathe more easily with a sleep apnea appliance
- Relieve TMJ pain with custom mouthguards
Preventive dentistry includes many services to keep your teeth strong and healthy, like cleanings, teeth sealants, and fluoride treatments. If you or other family members are involved in sports, your general dental care should also include mouthguards in Corpus Christi. Our custom athletic mouthguards will:
- Not involve a third-party manufacturer, as we make them in our office where we can control the quality
- Be made using impressions of your teeth, so they fit more comfortably than store-bought mouthguards
- Fit immediately, without a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process
- Stay in your mouth with a custom fit so they better protect your teeth
To protect yourself or other family members from athletic injuries, call us today at 361-256-5958.
Don’t Underestimate The Importance Of A Mouthguard
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends a mouthguard for children and youth participating in any organized sports activities. Similarly, the American Dental Association suggests wearing a mouthguard for a wide variety of sports, even non-contact activities like inline skating.
Their recommendations are based on the large number of dental injuries associated with sports and the high cost of treating them. According to an article in the Journal of the American Dental Association:
- Up to 39 percent of all dental injuries are related to sports
- More than five million teeth are knocked out each year, many of them during athletic activities
- Replacing all of those teeth costs more than $500 million annually
We Can Treat Sleep Apnea & TMJ Issues With A Mouthguard Too
In addition to athletic mouthguards, our office also provides custom mouthguards to relieve the symptoms of:
- Sleep Apnea – Many sleep apnea sufferers find a mouthguard less disruptive than a CPAP machine. It moves your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open while you sleep.
- TMJ Disorders – A mouthguard can relieve jaw pain caused by a TMJ disorder. It will also prevent you from grinding your teeth, a habit often seen in those with TMJ problems.
For mouthguards in Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-256-5958 or use our to schedule.