If your teeth aren’t straight, you’re likely self-conscious about your smile. Worse, crooked teeth can cause a misaligned bite, crowding, and other dental problems. Let our dentists straighten your teeth with orthodontics in Corpus Christi.Image Title: Orthodontics Designed For Your Smile Read Transcript
With orthodontics, what we do is we straighten teeth when people have crooked teeth. We do some cases on the kids, we do some cases on adults. And orthodontics is one of the funnest parts of the practice here where we get to see people every month, and orthodontic patients end up being some of our favorite patients because we see them fairly often, and we get to see them go from having crooked teeth to having straightened, beautiful smiles. And that's a lot of fun to do that.
Some of the adult cases, adults sometimes don't like to go into orthodontics because they're worried about how long it's going to take, but we have some different things that we can do to make adult cases be as short as six to nine months and we've done many cases in six to nine months for adults that are looking to do orthodontics. Some of the kids that we get to see, those cases sometimes take a bit longer to do, and oftentimes the cases we do on kids are more in between 10 to 18 months, is kind of the window we have on kids there.
But those are also some of the funnest cases because it's just so neat to see kids come in with a big overbite or with crooked teeth, and we can straighten those things out and just make them look so much more beautiful. Or if you're unhappy, if you have crooked teeth or if you're unhappy how your teeth look, go ahead and give us a call, and we can let you know what you'd need to do to straighten those teeth out.
With our orthodontic treatment, you’ll enjoy:
- The option of using braces or Invisalign to straighten your teeth
- A straighter and more attractive smile and all the things that come with it, like enhanced self-confidence
- Improved oral health, as it’s easier to keep straight teeth clean and cavity-free
- A well-aligned bite, which prevents problems such as jaw strain and difficulty chewing food
Enjoy Nearly Invisible Straightening With Invisalign
If you’ve been resisting orthodontic treatment because you didn’t want to wear braces, you’ll be glad to know you can straighten your teeth without metal brackets and wires. Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to move teeth into their proper positions.
Unlike braces, Invisalign is:
- Nearly Invisible – Since Invisalign aligners are made of transparent plastic, most people won’t even realize you’re wearing them.
- Convenient – Your aligners are removable, which means you can take them out for meals and oral hygiene. You can eat anything you’d like, with no worries about damaging braces. Plus, it’s easier to brush and floss without maneuvering around wires and brackets.
- Hassle-Free – You simply wear each aligner set about two weeks before moving on to the next set in the series. While you’ll visit us for periodic checkups, they’ll be less frequent than appointments for braces. Plus, you won’t need uncomfortable adjustments.
Using Invisalign’s digital technology, we can give you a preview of what your new smile will look like before your treatment even begins!
Some Smiles Need Treatment With Braces
While Invisalign is an option for many smiles, certain orthodontic issues are better treated with braces. Our dentists will advise you on your options, but typically if you have a severely misaligned bite or need to have canine or premolar teeth rotated, we may recommend braces. In addition, since braces aren’t removed until the conclusion of your treatment, they are a better choice for those who lack the self-discipline to wear Invisalign aligners for the recommended 22 hours a day.
Whether you choose Invisalign or braces, it’s important to follow our recommended schedule for dental exams.
For orthodontics in Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-256-5958.