With restorative treatments like root canals and dental crowns, it’s often possible to save even badly damaged teeth. Yet there are situations where tooth removal in Corpus Christi simply makes the most sense. You can trust our experienced team to know when teeth need to come out and to do it in the most comfortable way possible.Anxiety Free Experiences Read Transcript
Oftentimes, patients come in with teeth that just can't be restored. That's a tough decision when you have to decide to take a tooth out. But when that happens, we can take those decayed or teeth that are broken down – we can take those out here. I have some specialized tools in order to get teeth out that need to be extracted. In addition to that, a lot of times people are nervous when they have to have an extraction done, and we can use either (inaudible) or we do do oral sedation here, that we can help people just be relaxed and not so worried about if they do have to have the tooth extracted, we can help you be calm and comfortable during that. If you are having some discomfort or pain and do have a tooth that does have to come out, go ahead and give us a call, and we can do what it takes to get that pain to go away and help you feel better.
Your tooth extraction will go smoothly with:
- Dentists who have removed countless teeth, including wisdom teeth
- Comfortable anesthesia for numbing your mouth, so you won’t feel a thing
- The option of receiving laughing gas or visiting our Weber location for stronger forms of sedation for your procedure
- Technology like digital X-rays and an intraoral camera for planning and performing your procedure
We’ll Use A Gentle Touch For Your Tooth Extraction
As with any procedure, our dentists use high-tech equipment to plan and perform your tooth extraction. Our team will also make you as comfortable as possible. We will:
- Take digital X-rays for a detailed view of your teeth, as well as the roots and underlying bone and nerves
- Explain what will happen during your extraction and answer your questions
- Offer you amenities like a pillow and blanket
- Numb your mouth with comfortable anesthesia so you won’t feel any discomfort
- Administer laughing gas, if desired, to soothe your nerves
Laughing gas works well for most patients having teeth extracted. However, we can refer you to our Weber location for a stronger form of sedation. After your procedure, we’ll provide you with detailed information on caring for your extraction site. We may also provide you with prescription medication to take during your recovery.
Enjoy Many Options For Replacing Extracted Teeth
You may not want to hear about tooth replacement options on the same day as your tooth extraction, but we recommend not waiting too long. Without a tooth root to stimulate it, the bone around your missing tooth will begin deteriorating. In addition, your nearby teeth can shift out of place, causing a misaligned bite or other dental problems.
Your tooth replacement options are:
- Dental Implants – Implants can be restored with a dental crown to replace one tooth, a bridge to replace multiple teeth, or even dentures to replace most or all of your teeth.
- Dental Bridge – Our dentists can attach a bridge to your own teeth or, to avoid impacting healthy teeth, to dental implants.
- Dentures – You can choose full dentures, partial dentures, or implant dentures. We can even make temporary dentures for you to wear immediately after your extraction until your mouth has fully healed.
For tooth removal in Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-256-5958.