It’s never a good idea to leave a dental problem untreated. That’s especially true with gum disease. In its advanced stages, the disease can result in losing teeth. In fact, it’s the leading cause of tooth loss among adults. With gum disease treatment in Weber Corpus Christi, our periodontist (a gum specialist) will halt the infection before this can happen.Clean Gums Are Healthy Gums Read Transcript
Our practice can help our patients restore their gum health by definitely coming in every six months for their regular cleanings. And we can evaluate your gum health whenever you come in for your exams and take it from there. So if you haven't been to the dentist in a while, definitely come on, make an appointment with us.
Our treatment will:
- Keep your gums from receding, which exposes tooth roots and endangers your oral health
- Lower your risk of problems associated with gum disease, including diabetes and heart disease
- Stop bleeding gums, bad breath, and other unpleasant symptoms
- Avoid the need for gum grafts or other surgical procedures
Our dentists will look for evidence of gum disease during every exam so we can treat it before it becomes more serious. In the meantime, don’t ignore bleeding gums or other gum disease symptoms. Call us today at 361-209-8741 for treatment.
Prevent Gum Disease Progression With Proactive Treatment
Gum disease is very common, with more than 3 million cases a year in the U.S. alone. Fortunately, few of those cases advance to periodontitis, an advanced stage where you are at risk of losing teeth. Periodontal disease happens when bacteria builds up between your teeth and gums. We use a two-part treatment called scaling and root planing to:
- Eliminate infection by removing the bacteria
- Shrink “pockets,” gaps between teeth and gums where bacteria can collect
- Smooth out rough tooth roots to make them less hospitable to bacteria
We keep the procedure as comfortable as possible with Oraqix topical local anesthesia. You can also receive fast-acting laughing gas. If you’d prefer to be in an even more relaxed state, our periodontist can also provide a deeper level of sedation if needed.
Repair Receding Gums With A Graft Or Other Treatment
Done early enough, a scaling and root planing treatment will keep your gums from receding. However, if you have recession due to disease or something else, our dentists can:
- Perform a gum graft to cover exposed tooth roots
- Refer you to our Calallen location in Corpus Christi, where you can receive a less-invasive procedure called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique
For gum disease treatment in Weber Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-209-8741.