If you can’t remember the last time you enjoyed a good night’s rest, you may have sleep apnea in Weber Corpus Christi. Daytime fatigue, one of the most obvious results of apnea, is bad enough. It affects your performance at work or school and your relationships with others. Medical research has shown apnea affects your overall health too, making you more prone to problems like high blood pressure and depression.
Our dentists can help you get a sleep test if needed. If it shows you have apnea, we can provide treatment that will:
- Keep your airway open so you can breathe easily all night
- Improve your ability to function at work or school
- Allow you to wake feeling rested and refreshed
- Stop the chronic snoring that is a sign of sleep apnea
- Eliminate headaches, dry mouth, and other unpleasant symptoms
Choose A Comfortable Sleep Apnea Appliance
If you have obstructive sleep apnea, you briefly stop breathing many times a night when your airway is blocked by your tongue or other tissue. Not surprisingly, this affects your sleep – and often the sleep of others in your household, since snoring is a common sleep apnea symptom. The key to treating apnea is keeping your airway clear.
Depending on the severity of your case, we will recommend:
- A Sleep Apnea Appliance – An appliance works by moving your jaw forward into a position that keeps your airway open. It fits into your mouth much like an athletic mouthguard, so it won’t be too intrusive for you or your partner. Since no electricity, batteries, or distilled water are needed, it’s easy to take with you anywhere.
- A CPAP Machine – A CPAP keeps your airway open with a stream of pressurized air you breathe in through a face mask. It often requires a longer adjustment period to feel comfortable – and some people never feel completely comfortable using one.
For help treating sleep apnea in Weber Corpus Christi, call Sabal Dental at 361-209-8741.