You brush and floss your teeth regularly. While you know that you should visit the dentist for regular checkups, you have anxiety about making an appointment. You are not alone. Millions of people experience dental fear. Thankfully, you have a team that understands that concern, which is why we offer sedation dentistry in Rockdale, TX.
With sedation, you can:
- Feel relaxed when you visit us
- Stay pain-free during your procedures
- Get the preventive care that you need
- Catch problems in the early stages to stop them from worsening
- Improve your oral health
Our team has helped many patients relieve their dental anxiety. Let us do the same thing for you. Call Sabal Dental today at 512-598-9906 to ask about our gentle approach to patient care.
Decide on Dental Sedation for Better Oral Health
Various studies suggest that as many as one in five people experience some level of anxiety when it comes to dental care. The reasons for this can vary from person to person, but dental sedation has proven to be invaluable for helping countless individuals get the oral care they deserve.
Whether you are worried about a particular treatment or about dental care in general, you can do something good for yourself with either of our sedation options:
- Nitrous Oxide – You probably know this as laughing gas. This option has been in use for more than 150 years. It is fast-acting, and it wears off quickly, so you can receive it and still drive home after your appointment. With laughing gas, you don’t feel pain. You stay calm and comfortable while you are breathing it in.
- Oral Sedation – This can be a better option for patients with more severe anxiety or patients who are undergoing more complex procedures. You still receive the calming and pain-blocking benefits, but the effects can last for a few hours. You will simply take a small pill prior to your treatment. You should arrange for a family member or friend to bring you to and from your appointment.
Sedation can be used on its own or along with our other techniques for relieving anxiety about dental visits. Our kind and caring staff wants you to have a pleasant experience any time you come to our office. This includes providing headphones, so you can listen to music. This can provide a welcome distraction while we are doing our part to maintain and improve your healthy smile.
We have many services that can help you or someone you care about enjoy good oral health for decades to come. In order to help you, though, you have to be willing to come see us. Through sedation, we have helped many patients return to the dentist’s office for the first time in years or even decades. As you get to know us, you may find that you no longer need sedation for routine cleanings and exams.
Find the solution to manage and even overcome your fear of the dentist with our sedation dentistry in Rockdale, TX. Call 512-598-9906 or schedule online to discover what we can do for you at Sabal Dental.