You know that you can get tooth fillings if you have a cavity. You also know that you can get a dental crown to repair a broken tooth. If you have a problem that requires more than filling but not quite a full crown, you also have another option. You can get inlays and onlays in Rockdale, TX. These restorations:
- Repair damaged and decayed teeth
- Restore the appearance of your tooth
- Protect against additional problems
You could be a candidate for these restorative services if you have moderate tooth damage or decay. Call 512-598-9906 to discuss the best way to repair your teeth at Sabal Dental.
Get Restorations to Fit Your Needs
When you have any dental problem, then you need the solution that works for the situation. By offering a variety of restorations, you can get the one that works best for your issue. Here is how these teeth repair options are different:
- Inlays – This is used to repair the chewing surface of a tooth affected by decay, a dental injury, or wear and tear. Inlays cover the pits and fissures, which are found between the cusps of your tooth.
- Onlays – This restoration also repairs the chewing surface of a tooth. Unlike inlays, onlays are used to cover one or more cusps of a tooth.
With either of these options, the first step is preparing your tooth. We’ll take a dental impression, which is used to make a mold for your inlay or onlay. While that is being created, you may have a temporary restoration. When your long-term restoration is complete, we will bond it to your tooth.
You can feel confident that your teeth can be made whole again when you are a patient at Sabal Dental. Discuss whether you should get inlays or onlays in Rockdale, TX or one of our other restoration options. To make an appointment, call 512-598-9906 or schedule online.