When you need restorative dentistry, getting your smile back in shape can sometimes take multiple appointments. While you are waiting for a durable fix for your damaged, decayed, or missing teeth, we want to take steps to prevent your problems from getting worse. This is why provisional restorations in Rockdale, TX are an important part of our process. These short-term restorations:
- Prevent tooth movement
- Protect what is left of your teeth from bacteria and plaque
- Maintain the health of the gum tissue where your restoration will go
- Prevent tooth sensitivity
- Allow you to keep eating and speaking normally
Modern temporaries are made of acrylic resin, which looks similar to ceramic restorations. When you come to Sabal Dental for tooth repairs, we want you to leave with a smile. Call 512-598-9906 for an appointment.
Take Your First Step Back to Good Oral Health
You could think of temporaries sort of like a spare tire. You aren’t meant to use it forever, but it will allow you to function until you have the lasting fix that you want and need. You may need to wear one of our temporary restorations for just a few days or for weeks. This will vary based on the kind of dental reconstruction you are receiving. At our office your restorative options include:
- Dental Crowns – These versatile restorations are used to repair broken, cracked, and decayed teeth. They also cover infected teeth after root canal procedures. Your temporary crown keeps the abutment of your tooth covered while you wait for your final crown.
- Dental Bridges – When you are missing teeth, a temporary bridge can fill the gaps, so nearby teeth don’t move before your final bridge is ready.
- Dentures – Getting full dentures can take some time. Temporary dentures can give you the appearance of a full smile until your full or partial dentures are complete.
You don’t want an existing problem to get worse before your solution is ready. By getting provisional restorations in Rockdale, TX, you are getting added protection for your long-term oral health. Call 512-598-9906 or schedule online to make your appointment at Sabal Dental.